Obscure problem: can you help

Admin

If you click on the Go to this message link in an email and you consistently get this message:

[[Template forms/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

could you please reply to this message and tell me the date you saw it.

I am having difficulty tracking the source of this problem a couple of members have reported, and more examples may help.

Cheers

Jim

yes getting same message clcking on the link in my email. This was at 2;20 am 25th April 2019

When I tried to repeat clicking on the link after I had logged in I had no problem and came to this page. Maybe the message comes up when clicking on the link when not logged in. Bert

Yes when I repeated clicking the links on the email after logging out, I came to the same error page, viz:
[[Template forms/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] 
Hope this helps

I had the same initial experience, i.e.

1. receive email in inbox containing link and click on link (NB I am not logged into site)
  2. get error message as described
  3. if I then log into the site, I see the message correctly.

So the issue seems to be, rather than being taken to the login page, I get an error message which doesn't tell me what I need to do to resolve the problem.

Maybe, as a workaround, emails alerting members to new forum messages could contain a phrase to the effect of "You must be logged in to view this message".  HTH!

Does the login expire or, or can one remain logged in permanently?  

Seen 25/4 /2019. No problems.

Ross Stacey

Good Morning Jim,

I imagine you will by this have sorted this one out. If one is logged in - it does not appear - it only appears when one follows the link to the site and they are not logged in.It occurs consistently and has been appearing for a few weeks. Perhaps you can change the message to read :- To read more please log in.

Cheers, Barree

ANZAC Day 12.27hrs 

Hi Jim, Same response as Barree's 

Cheers

David

An update on this issue 

It appears that if one is not logged in the message will be visible 

When one is logged in the site appears to be working as normal 

Logging in has allowed me to post this very post as it should - but also read all the boards 

This tells me that casual searchers looking for answers to prostate issues won’t be able to read the boards unless they join 

Paul 

Problem is still happening if I haven't logged in, ie:(Cut and Pasted)

[[T[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

( I had to change font colour)

From Bert Alesich,  alesichbert@gmail.com, receved at 12:53 pm

• Admin locked this topic

Archived