Prostate Cancer Research Funding

Guest PaulHoskins

Guest PaulHoskins

IT WASN'T THE RETIREMENT PAUL HAD PLANNED. 

"A lot of people look at me and say I look fit and healthy, no sign of terminal prostate cancer.... But there is a lot going on in my mind and body." - Paul Hoskins

While he may look well, Paul’s warm smile hides a painful truth. Five years ago Paul (then 60), discovered that a tumour had been growing, undetected in his prostate. His diagnosis revealed that the cancer had spread throughout his body, and Paul already had multiple bone metastases (secondary cancer in the bone). As you can imagine, it was devastating news for Paul and his family.

Thankfully, Paul has outlived his Doctor’s initial prognosis. He recently celebrated his fifth “cancer-versary”, but those years have not been easy for him. He is often in pain, and spends the majority of his time in treatment and recovery. It is not the fun, relaxing retirement that Paul had planned. Prostate cancer has changed everything.

“These days I live my life in three month blocks, waiting for the next PSA result.” says Paul.

Research can deliver better screening, advanced early detection models and better therapeutic drugs, so fewer men have to follow in Paul’s footsteps.

HELP US RAISE $250,000 BY JUNE 30 TO FUND NEW CUTTING-EDGE RESEARCH THAT WILL TAKE US ONE STEP CLOSER TO A CURE.

Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia

Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) is the peak national body for prostate cancer in Australia. We are dedicated to reducing the impact of prostate cancer on Australian men, their partners, families and the wider community.

For more information about prostate cancer or how you can help please contact PCFA on free call 1800 22 00 99, or visit www.pcfa.org.au.

Donate Now
TOGETHER WE CAN CREATE A FUTURE FREE FROM PROSTATE CANCER.

Follow Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia

View at www.pcfafundraising.org.au/event/PCFAtax2014

Archived