Sydney: Advanced men and/or partners: Focus group: Thursday 13 February 2020

Admin

Jim Marshall (not a doctor) said ...

Some printed material for men and their partners available from the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) are out of date.

The Advanced Prostate Cancer pack (which Tony Maxwell and I contributed to) was published in 2014. A lot has happened since then.

Wendy Winnall is looking for advanced men, and partners of advanced men (not necessarily as a pair) to look at what is needed.

She needs advanced men and/or their partners for an early evening session in Sydney next Thursday 13 February.

You will be paid $80 to help cover your expenses.

The Advanced pack can be found at:

https://www.prostate.org.au/awareness/for-recently-diagnosed-men-and-their-families/advanced-prostate-cancer/download-information/

... end Jim

I’m writing today to ask for your help. PCFA am looking for people to join focus groups. We are offering an $80 payment as a thank-you for their time.

PCFA supply printed and online information about prostate cancer. We are updating this information and creating new resources. These focus groups will help us understand the needs of men with prostate cancer and those who care for them.

We are planning 7 focus groups across the country to hear the opinions of the prostate cancer community.

In Sydney we are planning two focus groups:

1.  Men with advanced prostate cancer. We are looking for men with high-risk, advanced or metastatic prostate cancer.

2. Partners or carers of men with advanced prostate cancer (high-risk, advanced or metastatic).

PCFA have hired a research company called Enhance Research to run the focus groups. All information will remain confidential. The sole purpose of this information is to help us improve our resources to better meet the needs of those affected by prostate cancer.

How you can help us:

Please let me know if you can help. I can be contacted by email: wendy.winnall@pcfa.org.au or on 0425 873 204.

Thanks very much for your time,

Wendy Winnall

• Admin locked this topic

Archived