PCRI Thursday: Treating Hot Flashes Caused by Hormone Therapy (ADT)

Admin

There are five Thursdays in this month.

Each Thursday I aim to present one of the YouTube videos from the PCRI.

Hormone therapy, also called androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) keeps most of us alive by robbing the body (and the prostate cancer) of androgens. The main androgen is testosterone.

When our bodies are without testosterone, some men experience hot flashes (also called hot flushes). The experience varies from man to man. Some men have no hot flashes. Others have their life very affected.

Personally, my hot flashes were mild at first, and gradually faded to undetectable over a few years.

In this video, PCRI’s Executive Director, Mark Scholz, MD, discusses various methods for managing hot flashes that occur in men who are undergoing hormone therapy for prostate cancer:

And a reminder that we have a few videos of our own on the JimJimJimJim channel:

https://www.youtube.com/jimjimjimjim/videos

The Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI) is an important source of information for about prostate cancer for patients, families, and the medical community. As part of their mission to empower men and their caregivers they make YouTube videos.

Also Megace and Depo Provera that may include progestin...... Chuck Maack has an excellent paper on this subject.

Thank you, gents. I find your info very reassuring!

Archived