Scan Results indicate Mets

DesG

Hello guys, due to see Radiologist, Oncologist tomorrow morning. Have report from bone scan done yesterday.

Conclusion: Scan findings are consistent with disseminated osteoblastic metastases predominantly in the axial skeletal. C3 vertebral body C3 left pedicle and c5 vertebral body. Almost the entire thoracis spine more pronounced in T2, T3, T12 

L1-L4 vertebrae including L4 spinous process.

Upper manubrium on the right and lower sternum

Multiple ribs bilaterally, more prominent in the right 3rd rib abterolatterally and the right 5th rib anteriorly. Small focus in right humeral head adjacent to the glenohumeral joint.

What are the options for treatment? At the Garvan Seminar on Friday there was a presentation by Prof Louise Emmett from St Vincents on LuPSMA is this an option. Or what do you think they will offer?

Hi Des I have similar Mets to you and was placed on the Enzamet trial nearly 3 years ago which combines ADT plus Enzalutamide currently psa is undetectable. Whether this this is a option for you it can be part of the discussion, all the best cheers Murray 

Hi Des, you have a bad case of Pca. If there are a pile of soft tissue mets as well, I'd try to get Professor Louise Emmett to see you with Lu177 + enzalutamide in her trial. You'd probably have to be on ADT as well.

Bone mets should be treated before they cause troubles at joints, and when Lu177 has done its job, if it works, then you may have side effects as the body tries to heal but those are unavoidable. I don't know all conditions of the trial at St Vincents, but no harm in finding outa bout. 

After chemo failed, Lu177+ Xtandi is working for me. 

Patrick Turner. 

Not sure in Oz, but all the US clinical trials for Lu177 PSMA require you have done/tried chemo - at least 2 sessions is the best we can find? Is that the case for you?

Thanks guys - Doc has put me on Zolodex, with Cosudex first along with some shots of radiation, see oncologist in 4 weeks - which will probably be chemo. Have groin pain (previous lymph node involvement which was treated with ADT and radiation (2017)) the Registrar was suggesting a scan of that area, but radiologist/onc suggested the pain was coming from mets in spine. Should I push for a scan to that area? 

Archived