Stephen Fry has prostate cancer YouTube video

Admin

Stephen Fry has announced that he has prostate cancer with a YouTube video.

I added this comment:

Brilliantly said, Stephen. You missed coming back about Gleason score, but that's OK - I did a YouTube video on Gleason score - amateurishly imitating your Qi style. It's my best performing prostate cancer video with 24k views. The content is great, but I think the video's popularity is the warm fuzzy feeling that people have about Stephen the Qi quiz master. The video is at: https://youtu.be/XzCCS7PZD4k

Cheers, Jim

Stephen's video is at:

Hi Jim,

Stephen Fry's Gleason Score was 9 (ref 'Guardian' interview). Sounds like successful RP/lymphodectomy, but he'll need to keep a very close eye on his PSA for quite a while, since micrometastasis remains a distinct possibility in this context. (Fortunately, there is a raft of new treatment options now open to him should he find himself in that situation)

Alan B.  

I must say, Jim, I could not have said the words better than you have regarding the “enjoyment” I experienced in seeing and listening to Stephen Fry tell his story regarding his diagnosis of Prostate Cancer.  He DID mention his Gleason Score of 8 being something for which to be concerned.  But the enjoyment, if one should really call it that, was the manner in which he laid out the events as they occurred leading up to his diagnosis, the considerations as to where to go from there, his brief explanation of the “little holes” into his body for the Robot assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy/RaLRP, his recovery period, his choice to be private as long as possible (likely because of his profession and public recognition), and just his overall open, friendly, wonderful facial expressions, and demeanor as he explained.  Certainly recommended viewing for every man whether already diagnosed or not.  Worthy of showing to men’s groups and support groups.

Chuck

Charles (Chuck) Maack - Prostate Cancer Patient/Activist/Mentor

(A mentor should be someone who offers courtesy, professionalism, respect, wisdom, knowledge, and support to help you achieve your goals; would that I succeed)

Always as close as the other end of your computer to help address any prostate cancer concerns.

Archived