LUTETIUM NEW TRIAL ABOUT TO OPEN

Barree

The  Australian New Zealand  Urogenital Prostate Cancer trials group (ANZUP)  held their conference in Melbourne over the weekend and the last couple of days. Yesterday, ANZUP in conjunction with the PCFA announced a new Lutetium trial. A total of 200 men are to be treated - this trial will be spread across Australia. 100 men will receive Lutetium and 100 men will be treated with something else?  Full details are yet to be announced, but are due shortly.

As soon as details are released,I will post details.

Cheers

Barree

That is good news.

One hopes that the men who are given the placebo (the unknown material) will be given a course of the trial drug as a prize for having the mock agent..

Bruce.

Looking forward to hearing more about this  as they say the devil is in the details

Tony

Tony has summed it up Bruce, the devil will be in the detail.

I learned today that the trials in Brisbane will kick off before Christmas.

Dr Ian Davis, Chair of ANZUP mentioned in the course of conversation that it wont be a blind placebo - but gave no indication as to what the other treatment is likely to be!

Will be at PMCC tomorrow - will see what else I can find out.

Cheers

Barree

Thanks Barree, appreciated. Seeing my Urologist in early August so will ask him to put pen to paper.

Bruce I wonder if Pharmaceuticals are that generous!!! Perhaps if their head Office is in Scotland!

Barree

Paul's link to the PCFA FAQ (now fixed on our website) shows that Lu-PSMA must compete with Cabazitaxel (Jevtana) - a pretty solid test.

Jim

Archived