The Max Gardner Award for Distinguished Service is a most prestigious award presented by Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA), to an individual that has made an outstanding and significant contribution to reducing the impact of prostate cancer on the Australian community.

We are delighted to announce that Jim Marshall has been awarded the Max Gardner Award for Distinguished Service by the PCFA.

We don't think that you could get a more deserving recipient than Jim.  

Click to read the history of how the Australian Advanced Prostate Cancer Support Group was established by JIm.  Jim has done so much more than is recorded in the bare bones of this history. This history doesn't record the hundreds of hours that Jim has spent on the phone talking to members and their carers providing information and support.    The history doesn't record the assistance that Jim has provided in men in remote rural areas where there are limited medical and cancer services.

Congratulations, Jim.  Thank you for all the good work that you have done for men with advanced prostate cancer.

Congratulations Jim on receiving the most prestigious individual PCFA Award, The Max Gardner Award.

This award is not given lightly. Many, many hours of extremely dedicated work has been involved. You are indeed a very worthy recipient.

You have assisted many men and partners, including my wife and myself, over the last several years.

Thank you.

Nev & Lyn

Congratulations Jim. What an accomplishment – to be recognized by the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and awarded the Max Gardner award for distinguished Service is undoubtedly very well deserved. The award could not have gone to a more worthy candidate.

Your contribution to the fight against Advanced Prostate Cancer has been and still is truly inspirational.

Thank you Jim, for your tireless efforts and for all that you have done for so many of us Prostate Cancer sufferers.

Well Done.

Barree

JIm,

Just back from holidays to be greeted by this wonderful news.

In my opinion there has been no more worthy a recipient than yourself.

Your selfless service with so many advanced guys and their carers is an inspiration.

Congratulations on a well deserved award

Regards         Tony M

Yes Jim I can only agree with all the comments of congratulations to you for your efforts over the years. A special thank you to your good wife Wendy for putting up and supporting your the efforts on our behalf over these years. Well done you pair!!!! It makes me happy to see you two being recognised and you both must get a buzz about being able to make a difference in this crazy world. God bless you both.

Cheers

Popeye 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived