DVD Surviving Prostate Cancer by Peter Starr

Leabro

Hi All

Has anyone heard, seen or read anything impartial about this series of videos about Surviving Prostate Cancer without surgery or drugs?

I am not worried about spending the $50 odd but can't find any unbiased information about what you get for your money.

As they say if it sounds too good to be true then it is!

The web site will not let me paste a link either!

Stay well

Leabro

Here at JimJimJimJim, we try to provide reliable information that is evidence-based.

[The author], who has been involved with motor cycles, Rock and Roll, films and television since the 60s and 70s, doesn’t quite have the medical research credentials that we normally expect.

Apparently [the author] says that you can reverse prostate cancer by changes to diet and lifestyle without the need for the conventional medical treatments.  In some cases of low grade prostate cancer this can occur but not with advanced prostate cancer with Gleason Scores of 9 and 10.  Mike Scott who runs the New Prostate Cancer Infolink said recently: “Over 25 years I have never heard of a single case of metastatic prostate cancer that went into complete, long-term remission without serious medical intervention of a pretty aggressive type.”

There are lots of good books about how diet, exercise, managing stress and mind-body therapies can delay the progression of cancer and improve quality of life.  One that I’ve just finished reading is “Beat Cancer –The 10 step plan to help you overcome and prevent cancer” by Professor Jane Plant with everything backed up by scientific research and fully referenced.

Leabro,

I have sat through all DVDs in this series and was not that impressed.  To me, most speakers were making a sales pitch for their particular products or services rather than imparting any useful information.  Of course there is also the question of whether or not any interesting information given has any scientific basis.  I did make a summary of my thoughts etc. on each speakers presentation and would be happy to (personally) share this information with you if you send me your email or postal address.  Contact me via my email (details of my email address can be found on my entry in the Members List)

Best wishes

LennyJoe

Thank you Paul and LennyJoe for your responses.

You have confirmed what I suspected that the information in the DVD's appears to be unfounded and subjective based.

Paul I will check out the Prof Jane Plant book.

LennyJoe thank you for the offer of your analysis however I feel your comments are sufficient information for me to decide not to waste my time watching the videos.

Thanks again.

Stay well

Leabro

Archived