Volunteers wanted for Research Study of men treated with hormone therapy

Paul Edwards

Prostate Cancer Hormone Therapy Study

Have you received hormone therapy treatment for prostate cancer?

If so, you may be eligible to join an American Cancer Society funded study to test a program designed to help people with changes to memory, thinking and concentration following hormone therapy for treatment of prostate cancer.

This study is done completely over the phone and internet and involves a brief screening to determine eligibility, 3 assessments/interviews, and 8 weeks of home-based computer use.

For more information, please contact Lisa Wu at +1 (212) 824-7805 or lisa.wu@mssm.edu

This study is approved by the Mount Sinai Institutional Review Board (GCO# 10-1352 approved through 6 April 2015)

Dr Lisa Wu is an Instructor in the Department of Oncological Sciences in the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sina, New York, one of the leading medical schools in the United States.  For a number of years Lisa's work has focused on research into quality of life issues around cancer patients experiencing cognitive difficulties after treatment.

Lisa already has a number of men from Australia participating in this study.  She is wanting to recruit more Australian men who have had hormone therapy treatment.

Given the time difference, sending an email to Lisa is probably the easiest way to make initial contact.

I apologise Paul but I clicked on your link and found I had to register with a fee to access the site. Is this the contact address or has there been a problem with the link.

Regards

Lee aka Popeye

Sorry Popeye, there was a problem with the link.  I've edited the post to remove the bad link.

Lisa's email address is lisa.wu@mssm.edu

Thanks Paul I will contact the address and let you guys know what happens.

Cheers

Popeye

• 2 months later...

Thanks Paul have send my details to Lisa.

• 2 years later...

Paul - I am a new member (Pillman) -

I had Lucrin Depot for 4 months prior to Radical Robotic Prostatectomy - would my views be of any help or is it only Primary treatment ?

(Gwyn)

Archived