New Book by Jane Plant

Paul Edwards

“We have all been brought up with the idea that milk is good for you          But there is evidence now that the growth factors and hormones it contains are not just risky for breast cancer, but also other hormone-related cancers, of the prostate, testicles and ovary.” says Professor Jane Plant, well-known scientist and cancer survivor.  

Professor Plant has co-written a new book, “Beat Cancer: The 10-Step Plan to Help you Overcome and Prevent Cancer” with Mustafa Djamgoz, Professor of Cancer Biology at Imperial College London.

Here is a link to an article about the book which first appeared in the Daily Telegraph in London. The article was republished in Melbourne and Sydney papers last Friday.

Cancer Research UK argues that so far studies investigating a link between cancer and dairy products have not given clear results. A spokesman said: “There’s no good evidence to support avoiding all dairy with the aim of reducing cancer risk..........It isn’t known if avoiding dairy plays a role in stopping cancer coming back.  Patients should speak to their doctor or a qualified dietician before making any changes to their diet.”

I’m not a doctor. I’m bringing this article to the attention of members who may be interested in reading it. I’m not making any recommendations about things in the article or the book.  You should make up your own mind and, if necessary, seek medical advice.

Archived