Same article, Aussie units - Correcting low levels of Vitamin D is recommended for all men with prostate cancer

Admin

Jim Marshall (not a doctor) said ...

Men with higher levels of Vitamin D before treatment lasted longer. So correcting low levels of Vitamin D is recommended for all men with prostate cancer.

The USA units reading of 32 ng/ml mentioned in the article below is equivalent to an Australian units reading of 80 nmol/ml (also 80 pmol/L) (using a conversion factor of 2.496).

Thanks to Tony Brown.

... end Jim 

This abstract is only available for 24 hours for members to get an email.
After 24 hours the abstract will only be available through the link to the ASCO site below.

The association between pre-treatment serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and survival in stage IV prostate cancer.

Caution

This extract was published in association with the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2013 annual conference. Though the research behind it may have been excellent, your doctor cannot yet give much weight to it for a number of reasons, including:

• It is only an extract. The full paper may reveal information important for your treatment.
  • The study has not yet had peer review - with doctors and researchers scrutinising the study closely for mistakes and limitations after it is published in a professional journal.
  •  Your doctor may already be aware of a limitations of the findings because of their wider reading.

The link below is to a page or document that we do not control.
Parts of it may be wrong or misleading.
Check with your doctor if something interests you.

If it is temporarily or permanently unavailable, you may receive an error message.

Source URL: http://meetinglibrary.asco.org/content/108485-132

See: http://tinyurl.com/748cx5c for a lengthy discussion regarding the importance of this supplement (also known as a hormone) and appropriate daily total intake.

Chuck

Disclaimer: Please recognize that I am not a Medical Doctor.  I have been an avid student researching and studying prostate cancer as a survivor and continuing patient since 1992.  I have dedicated my retirement years to continued research and study in order to serve as an advocate for prostate cancer awareness, and, from a activist patient’s viewpoint, to help patients, caregivers, and others interested develop an understanding of prostate cancer, its treatment options, and the treatment of the side effects that often accompany treatment.  Readers of this paper must understand that the comments or recommendations I make are not intended to be the procedure to blindly follow; rather, they are to be reviewed as my opinion, then used for further personal research, study, and subsequent discussion with the medical professional/physician providing prostate cancer care.

Always as close as the other end of your computer to help address any prostate cancer concerns.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

If the suggestions/recommendations I have provided have been helpful, please consider a donation, in any amount you can afford no matter how small, to one of the prostate cancer research projects (your choice)  identified at www.StartACure.com.             

Charles (Chuck) Maack - Prostate Cancer Patient since 1992, Mentor since 1996 

2008 Us TOO Intl., Inc., Prostate Education & Support Network “Edward C. Kaps Hope Award”

2012 Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI) “Harry Pinchot Award”  

Email: maack1@cox.net  

Archived