Advanced Prostate Cancer Xplained: Useful even before publication

Admin

APC Website Banner JJJJ small.jpg

Click this sentence, or the picture above. to download the app

Advanced Prostate Cancer Xplained is an innovative resource aimed at explaining complicated disease information to men and their families through storytelling.  It follows the journey of patients and explains surgery and treatment options, as well as side effects, psychological issues and the role of support groups.

Advanced Prostate Cancer Xplained features the story of David Wilkinson, President of the Nepean/Blue Mountains Prostate Cancer Support Group. 

Advanced Prostate Cancer Xplained is sponsored by Astellas Pharma Australia.    Our Advanced Prostate Cancer Support Group collaborated in the development of this resource, along with the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and Australia Prostate Cancer Research.

Your committee considered that collaborating in the development of this resource was an opportunity to make more men with advanced prostate cancer aware of our Group and the support we offer.

Useful, even before publication

Advanced Prostate Cancer Xplained also holds a special place with Dr Chilman-Blair. In the early

stages in the development of the app, developer Dr Chilman-Blairher had her father review it out of interest. After reading through the app, he was compelled to get his prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels checked. Without even having symptoms, it turned out that his PSA levels were high, and he was quickly diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. His prostate was removed within weeks of reading the story, and he is now on hormone therapy and radiotherapy. “I always knew that someone, somewhere would benefit from this information - but I never dreamt that it would save the life of my own father”. Dr Chilman-Blair said.

[Tech note: This link tells the developers where the click came from.]

• Admin locked this topic

Archived