More Good Stuff from Dr Moyad in the UsTOO July HotSheet

Paul Edwards

Nev Black's post about Dr Mark Moyad reminded me that there is an article in the UsTOO July 2012 HotSheet about what works to reduce Cancer Related Fatigue.

UsTOO, the American national prostate cancer support group, publishes a monthly newsletter called the UsTOO Prostate Cancer Education & Support HOTSHEET

Below you will find a list of the articles in that issue, and a link to download the HotSheet.

INSIDE THIS ISSUE

• Urine Assay Shows Promise as Test for High-Grade Prostate Cancer
  • Multiparametric MRI Avoids Many Biopsies but Misses a Few Cancers
  • Chemo-ADT Combo Still Winning in Prostate Cancer
  • Statins May Slow Prostate Cancer Progression Following ADT
  • Best Evidence Yet that Ejaculation Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk
  • Doc Moyad's "No Bogus Science" "Ginseng & Cancer-Related Fatigue"
  • Prostate Tumors with Genetic Abnormalities May Respond to Olaparib
  • Androgen Deprivation Therapy May Lead to Cognitive Impairment
  • Timing of Androgen Deprivation ("TOAD") Phase III Trial
  • Doctor Chodak's Bottom Line

Click on this sentence to download the Hotsheet.

• 1 month later...
As a trial of 1, ginseng really works.  I really have significant relief from the fatigue I have suffered from the advanced cancer, the Eligard (ADT), and the chemotherapy (Cabazitaxel) this time around).  I feel better and sleep better.

I could not get American ginseng.  There are two producers in Australia that provide American style ginseng.  But supply of the American stuff is not readily available in Australian stores.

I checked with my oncologist and he is of the opinion that the trials show American is better, but Asian still works.  I also told my urologist and he will be consider recommending to his patients.

I was also warned by the pharmacist to take with a 2 hour gap between the supplements and prescription medications - hard for me taking about 40 capsules and tablets a day.  It should also be taken with food.

It's only a month, but the benefits are really showing.

[Edit -  Jaffa says that they're also getting good results with ginseng for fatigue]

Archived