Jim’s new computer – Thank you

Nev Black

On behalf of Jim and myself, a huge thank you for your assistance, for making it possible to obtain a new computer for Jim.

The volume of positive comment, from members, about the support Jim Marshall has given over the years to men, partners, family members etc. has been overwhelming.

PCFA has kindly offered to purchase the new computer, on Jim’s behalf, with the donated money.

After consultation, Jim and I believe, they will get a better deal for the group as a whole with your very generous contributions. We do not want one cent wasted.

The funds that has come in so far is buying from Apple:

·       27‑inch iMac with Retina 5K display. 

·       3.0GHz 6-core eighth-generation Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to      4.1GHz

·       8GB of 2666MHz DDR4 memory

·       256GB of SSD storage (operating system)

·       Magic Trackpad 2

·       Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad — US English

·       CarePlan 3 years

·       G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE mobile SSD R-Series Storage (working fast video memory)

·       LaCie Mobile Drive 4TB External Hard Drive USB-C USB 3.0 (time machine slow backup)
for $3887.

Some pledges are yet to come in, and will buy non-apple DDR4 memory ($400) and software ($485).

In due course, a photo of Jim working at the new computer and doing what he loves most, helping others.

Once again, thank you everyone.

Nev Black 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived