Tony Maxwell awarded the PCFA Max Gardner Award 2018

I am sure all members will join with me in congratulating Tony Maxwell on the announcement today that he is a recipient of the 2018 Max Gardner Award.

Announced by Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) national chairman, Steve Callister, the award is given in recognition of distinguished service and outstanding contribution in the Australian community.

Tony has contributed much:

• to his local Westmead Prostate Cancer Support Group;
  • as a member of the PCFA State and National Committees;
  • as a consumer representative with Cancer Council NSW;
  • to Movember activities, especially the True Nth initiative; and
  • as a consumer representative on a number of research projects and research committees.

Members may know that Tony is a member of our Executive Committee. They may not know of the key role he played in the establishment of the Australian Advanced Prostate Cancer Support Group.

Our group was an ad hoc collection of about a dozen men with advanced prostate cancer in South East Queensland before Tony joined us.

Tony changed the group to an Australian body, and started the emphasis on advanced men and their partners that has changed both the PCFA, and in some ways the nation.

I have been proud to work alongside Tony for the past 9 years.

Well done!

Truly deserved!

Jim

Well said, Jim.

It's been a privilege to have worked alongside Tony since we were at that memorable international prostate cancer conference on the Gold Coast in 2011.

Tony's quiet passion has been - and continues to be - an inspiration to us all.

Well done Mate!

Alan

Tony,

this is very long and verdure.

For so long you have served.

I met you first at a meeting of SAC (Suppotrt and Advocacy Committees) of PCFA and you continued on that committee.

We submitted a report suggesting ideas for the benefit if those with advanced disease, on which subject you have been a very well informed contributed to the Advanced Group.

keep well.

Bruce.

I too thought that Tony should have received this years ago.Congratulations, Tony.Very well earned.

John Trollor Bathurst

• Admin locked this topic

Archived