Jim and Nev coming to Melbourne meeting on Saturday 24 February 2018

Barree

The Melbourne put a face to a name is being held on the afternoon of  Saturday,  February 24th 2018 at the Glenroy RSL at 12.00pm. If you  haven't already booked - "Please book now"- PARTNERS ARE WELCOME.

This get-together provides members in Victoria with an excellent opportunity to meet our illustrious Convenor - Jim Marshall - and another of our senior executive committee members from Queensland - Neville Black - they are coming to Melbourne especially for this get-together and are looking forward to catching up with members, particularly some of our newer ones.

Jim and Neville both regularly attend the Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI) annual Patient Conference in Los Angeles. This conference is geared specifically towards patients, and they are both very conversant with the latest treatments that were discussed by the experts at the last conference in October 2017.

The Glenroy RSL has a reasonably priced Bistro(with a seniors menu) and is a good spot to meet, have a bite to eat and a leisurely chat with some of the members that we talk with during our monthly phone forums.

Jim and his committee are the link between advanced prostate cancer sufferers, the medical fraternity and Government. The recent addition of treatments like Xofigo /Radium 223 (which some of us advanced cancer sufferers might need in the near future) might never have become available on the PBS if it had not been for the efforts of Jim and his team.

It’s in your own interest to support the JimJimJimJim group. If you can make it, please come along and meet your mates.

If you haven't already booked—please book now by phoning Barry on 0400662114 or simply send an email reply to this topic.

I’ll be there.  Are partners invited also ?

steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for confirming.

Partners are very welcome - they are on this journey with us and we value their attendance and input at all of our meetings.

Look forward to catching up with you and your partner on the 24th.

Cheers ,

Barry

Is Xofigo on the PBS only for metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer ?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Xofigo is only used to treat prostate cancer that has metastasized or gone to the bones.

It does not control prostate cancer in other parts of the body so I guess the answer to your question is that it is only for metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer.

Whilst Xofigo has been approved for inclusion on the PBS I don't know that every thing relating to the conditions governing its use has been finalized as yet but it must be getting close.

Cheers

Barree

Hi Barree,

many thanks for the invitation. I will be attending. My wife might also attend depending on how well she recovers from a recent fall.

Kind regards,

Ross

Hi Baree

I am sure i replied yes to coming late last year

I will be there

Cheers

Sean

Hi  Sean,

Thanks for confirming for a second time.

Sorry,  you did reply earlier - I managed to hit a couple of send buttons that I shouldn't have pressed. The fact is I am still getting used to some of the idiosyncrasies of this email section of this site - shouldn't take long now for me to get a handle on it - a couple of years at most!.

Look forward to catching up with you next Saturday.

Regards,

Barree

• Admin locked this topic

Archived