All Victorian Advanced Group Members

alanbarlee

:rolleyes:

Hi Folks,

Some of us have been thinking about resuming informal face-to-face get-togethers for Victorian members and their partners, which Paul Hobson had so effectively convened in recent years.

Meetings were arranged a couple of times per year at the Glenroy RSL, which is accessible from the Ring Road and the Hume Highway.

We are seeking input from all Victorian members (including those who had not previously participated) about what support there might be for resuming this activity, and about the preferred locality / venue, the frequency, the preferred day of the week, and the style of the event.

We need the opinion of all our Victorian members, so please let us have your views ASAP

Many thanks,

Alan Barlee and Barry Elderfield

Happy to continue to participate.  Casual lunch at the RSL as occurred in the past is still fine by me.

Hi Alan and Barry,

Good initiative and am keen for myself and wife to attend. 

Glenroy RSL is OK, however, some may find it easier to attend a venue in the city.

Anytime suits us but we are totally flexible.

Cheers

John

Hi Alan

What time of day are you thinking ?. If its in the evening that would be fine for me but as i work full time lunchtime would not be possible for me to attend

Cheers

Sean

Hi Alan and Barry,

Laura and I would be happy to participate once again in the Victorian get to-gethers. Glenroy RSL on a Saturday as previously, would work well for us. Look forward to catching up!

Terry 

Sean (and other Victorian members who have not yet responded) - how would a Glenroy RSL lunch on 2-3 Saturdays during the year suit you?

Cheers,

Alan and Barry

VICTORIAN  MEMBER - GET TOGETHER

The first Face to a Name Meeting for 2018 will be held at Glenroy RSL on Saturday 24 February 2018 at 12.00 pm.

The RSL is located at 186 Glenroy Road, Glenroy. 

We will as in the past meet in the reception area at 12.00 or a little earlier and then move into the bistro where they have quite a good array of food and  an extensive Seniors menu all at reasonable prices.

These meetings are simply a chat over a bite to eat for members and their partners and carers to share thoughts and ideas relating to treatment medication and support.

The Glenroy RSL was initially chosen because of its  central location. It is readily accessed from the Hume Highway and the M80 - Metropolitan Ring Road with free Parking available on site and we have always found the staff to be friendly and cooperative. 

Please note this date in your Diary now "February 24th" and please don't forget to reply and let us know if you are coming - so we can make a booking.

These get-togethers  have been popular in the past and we hope you will support our efforts to have two or more of these meetings per year on an ongoing basis.

Visitors and members from other States are more than Welcome.

Alan & Barry

It’s in my diary. Looking forward to meeting you all in person.  Steve 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived