Edward Paul Hobson

JimJimJimJim

Our friend and colleague Edward Paul Hobson passed away peacefully on Sunday 3 September 2017.

Paul was a stalwart of the prostate cancer community. 

He was a long-serving office bearer of Prostate Heidelberg. 

He was for years a powerhouse of the Australian Advanced Prostate Cancer Support Group - as member of the Executive Management Committee, as a prolific poster on our website, and personally supporting members on the phone, by email and private message.

A memorial will be held by the family at the Savage club in the Melbourne CBD from 2-5pm on Saturday 14th, which would have been Paul's 70th birthday.

As a recognition of Paul's advocacy for drug availability on behalf of men with prostate cancer, and his participation in the first Lutetium-177 trial, donations at the event will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA), tied to financing the second Lutetium-177 trial. 

Vale Paul.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To help the family with numbers, please reply to this email if you may be going to the memorial.

Jim Marshall

Convenor

Australian Advanced Prostate Cancer Support Group

for the Executive Management Committee.

I was deeply saddened to hear of Paul's demise. I had the occasion to talk to him in December last year when I was staying in Melbourne on a brief holiday. That was the Christmas time but he was in hospital after having suffered a spinal chord compression. Though I am not an Australian I have known his untiring commitment to the fight against prostate cancer in a singularly selfless manner. He will certainly live in the hearts many. May he rest in eternal peace and I extend my condolences to his bereaved family.

Sisira 

All of us at Answer Cancer Foundation, and in particular participants of the high risk/recurrent/advanced virtual group mourn Paul's loss.

Paul was a regular participant calling in frequently over the last year from his hospital bed half way across the world. He was invariably upbeat and optimistic about his trial participation in Lutetium 177, and bore his disease with great courage and stoicism.

Those who attend PCRI also had the pleasure of knowing Paul  personally; I count myself in that privileged number here in the US. We wish his family and close friends much comfort. May his memory be a blessing.

Onward & upwards, rd

• Admin locked this topic

Archived