Great news from member Ian (from Ellenbrook, north of Perth, WA)!

JimJimJimJim

Jim Marshall (not a doctor) said ...

Ian has been on his prostate cancer journey for more than 14 years.

Ian told us in August he was having his sixtieth chemotherapy infusion (yes 60th! - 20 Taxotere (Docetaxel)+ 40 Jevtana (Cabazitaxel)). (See here.)

His doctor told Ian he would keep the Jevtana (Cabazitaxel) going for as long as it was still working. 

Ian told our recent phone-in meetings that he had repeated infections that would not clear up, first bronchial, and later toe-nails.

So, his doctor held off on the chemo while the infections were treated.

... end Jim

Today Ian wrote:

Dear Jim, congratulations on receiving your award, well done.

After having my big right toe nail removed & my left toe amputated 1.5cm. I no longer have infection.

Surprise, my PSA has dropped to 31. Oncologist cant explain it. Hasn't been that low in years.

I haven't had chemo since late November.

I'm feeling great. Haven't felt this good in 4 years.

All the best, 

Regards Ian

Jim Marshall (not a doctor) said ...

Good news Ian!

Some members might be surprised that a PSA of 31 is something to celebrate. But remember that it is not the PSA score that is important. What is important is how fast the PSA is going up or down.

On our phone-in meetings Ian has told us that his doctor has been happy with his PSA hovering around 270, and I remember it being around 650 sometime during the past year.

... end Jim

Isn't that just great news! Way to go Ian! Hoping my dads report in about 2 months is as good.

Archived