Barree

IMPACT TRIAL        DEAKIN UNIVERSITY      Burwood Campus Melbourne

(For Men with cRMPC on Androgen Deprivation Therapy) An exercise trial with a daily dose of Vitamin D supplied by Deakin.

Another worthwhile trial completed.  I‘ve been on this trial for the past 12 months.

The facilities at Deakin are extensive, the staff most informative and nice to work with.

Dexa scans were carried out through the year to monitor Bone density.

My overall health was monitored on three separate days during the course of the year. This included fitness tests, blood tests and cognitive tests to see if there was any perceptible impact of ADT therapy on memory.

I was provided with comprehensive reports after each of the three major visits.

At the completion of the trial I took the detailed report supplied by Deakin to my Medical Onc for review. It was considered that my deteriorating bone structure required treatment so Xevga was prescribed and administered within a matter of days.

For members living in Melbourne, Deakin are still recruiting and I think it's worth investigating.

"IMPACT: Prostate cancer and exercise study

We know exercise training is beneficial for men with prostate cancer. We know that it can potentially improve various aspects of health affected by both prostate cancer and the associated treatments. However, we don’t know if combining exercise training with optimal nutrition can achieve better results.

This study will investigate the health benefits of a new exercise and nutrition program for men with prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation (hormone) therapy. Everyone will receive vitamin D supplements and half will receive a year-long supervised exercise program and daily nutritional supplement. Recruitment is ongoing until the required number of men are recruited.

This project is a collaboration between Deakin University and Alfred Health.

What does the study involve?

As part of this study you may receive:

• FREE vitamin D supplements and a daily nutritional supplement
  • FREE (or subsidised) exercise program
  • FREE assessment of bone density and muscle mass.

I’m interested, how do I get involved?

We'll send you details about the study and contact you by phone to discuss your eligibility for the study.

Register now

Contact
Jack Dalla
Email Jack Dalla
+61 3 9246 8347"

Archived