Gleason 9 with a bone met

Nevy

Great news Nevy.  Fantastic the enzalutamide is still working for you.  I came off the trial in January when Abiraterone stopped working.  They tried Enzalutamide with me but it didn't work, just made me sick.  They did a PSMA PET and found multiple new small  bone mets everywhere.  Only avenue left for me was docetaxel (taxotare), and I am now half way through.  PSA dropped after three doses from 48 to 22, so it is working, but I will be glad when it is finished.  Next dose is next thursday, and I am hoping for PSA in teens, so here's hoping.

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

• 2 months later...

Back from Brisbane trip to P A hospital and 3 monthly Enzalutamite drug trial  psa still less than 0.008 so all good still feeling pretty good not doing too much in retirement not using the caravan as much as we should wife and I seem to spend a lot of time flying to Brisbane her with chronic pain , back pain  esophagus problems and a broken wrist after a fall and me for trial but still grinning 

Keep grinning Nevy.  Fantastic that enzalutamide is still working for you. 

I am off you chemo dose number 8 tomorrow, and results have been OK, but PSA has only dropped to mid-teens so far.  However, latest PSMA PET scan before Xmas showed no soft tissue uptake and a major reduction in bone mets, so here's hoping for more of the same.  Hope the wife is feeling better.

And above all, keep smiling

• 2 months later...

Well once again back from Brisbane’s PA hospitals 3 monthly Enzalutimide/ zoladex drug trial and all well.     PSA less than 0.008 I think week 171 of trial and still feeling fairly good weight gain a bit annoying but haven’t been doing as much as I should or could started new drug jardiance for diabetes and noticing slight reduction in weight so hopefully jardiance might help also blood pressure  improved since starting weariness and falling asleep in front of tv about only noticeable side effects really need to get caravan hooked up and get back out there after bad run with wife’s health but nearly there.  Cheers 

Nevvy - the news doesn't get much better than that!

Can you remind us about the name and purpose of the enza trial that you're on.

Cheers,

Alan

See my first post Gleason 9 with a bone met.      June 29 2015. My story

Archived